- Fact Sheet
- Our Board
- Administrative Team
- Medical Staff
- Media Room
- Charitable Giving
- Outreach & Education
- Careers at St. Johns
- Contact Us
- Quality & Safety
- Valet Parking
- Patient Information & Bill Pay
- St. John's Physician Practices
- Find a Doctor
- Departments & Services
- Patient Services
- Wellness Services
- Living Center
- Hospital Departments
- Emergency Department
Volunteering at St. John's Medical Center
Volunteers support the needs of patients, Living Center residents, families, and staff. They provide a healing presence and are able to focus on the person and not the illness or the injury.
Patient Care Areas
Volunteers in the patient care areas may provide support in the Primary Care Unit (PCU) and Oncology.
• Patient care volunteers work directly with patients, families, and staff. Duties may include delivering newspapers and flowers, passing out beverages, and providing support to the staff.
• Music and Healing volunteers bring the gift of music to patients and staff. A brief audition is included in the application process.
• Peak Joint Replacement volunteers provide support services to patients who have had joint replacement surgery. They assist with patient luncheons, help transport patients, set up equipment for physical therapy, and act as coaches.
• Meals with a Mission volunteers help cook and deliver meals to cancer patients one day a week.
Spiritual Care volunteers provide nondenominational spiritual support to patients, residents, and families. Responsibilities include offering to listen to or pray with someone, contacting a clergy member if requested, or simply visiting with someone in need of company. Volunteers meet once a month and require training classes and shadowing before working on their own.
Clerical and Administrative
Clerical and administrative service volunteers work in different departments throughout the hospital assisting with filing, copying, and other projects as needed. The front desk, the marketing department, the St. John’s Hospital Foundation, and the wellness department each have specific clerical needs throughout the year.
Young adult volunteers, called Volunteens, may work in selected areas of service. Volunteens must be between the ages of 13 and 17 years old, be responsible and dedicated, and work at least 40 hours over a one-year period.
Pet Partners are volunteer teams that provide canine love to patients and families. They are certified through the Pet Partners Program, a national screening and training program.
Living Center volunteers provide support, understanding, and companionship to residents. Volunteers participate in group activities, such as card games, tea time, music, reading, movies, and outings, or simply visit with residents one-on-one.
Hospice volunteers care for and support terminally ill patients and their families. Training is required and volunteers must commit to one year of service. These special volunteers are emotionally mature, empathetic, skilled in listening, and sensitive to the needs of families in stressful situations.
Please contact Hospice and Home Care at 307 739 7465.
St. John’s Auxiliary
St. John’s Auxiliary supports St. John’s Medical Center through social and fundraising activities. Auxiliary members meet for monthly luncheons and host annual activities including the Auxiliary Golf Tournament and the Spring Fling Gala at Jackson Lake Lodge.
Call the Foundation office at 307 739 7517.
To become a volunteer, you must:
• Fill out an application, or at the volunteer office
• Have a personal interview
• Complete lab work and a background check
• Go through a general orientation to the hospital
• Complete training in your area of interest
• Commit to serving a minimum of one year, for at least 40 hours After you have completed training, we ask that you contribute regularly and commit to a specified schedule, depending on your area of service. Part-time residents are welcome!
Print and mail your application to:
St. John’s Medical Center - Dept. 915
Jackson, WY 83001
|New Volunteer Application||51.05 KB|
|Background Check Forms||47.71 KB|
|Volunteer Brochure||169.62 KB|
|Volunteens Application Form||123.86 KB|